The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Newark is to compare prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and a low credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Unfortunately, over 70% of New Jersey drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save themselves about 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Newark is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare rate quotes instantly.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on R32 insurance in Newark.
- Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current R32 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Newark car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could earn substantially lower prices.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Newark Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Newark may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Volkswagen R32 insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Newark, NJ. To find cheap car insurance in NJ, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Newark who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Newark should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent properly licensed in New Jersey?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If they are an independent agency in Newark, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
When searching for a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Newark can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Newark that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 484-5772 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-1975 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to check rates from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Newark that can give you rate quotes.
- METROPLUS INSURANCE AGENCY
1423 McCarter Hwy - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 732-3794 - View Map
- Massey Insurance
46 Lyons Ave - Newark, NJ 07112 - (973) 926-6300 - View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
Newark, NJ 07106 - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 373-3300 - View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company.
When getting Newark car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)