Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Newark drivers could pocket about $720 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
The best way to get cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Newark. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. The goal of this article is to help you learn the best methods to compare rates. But New Jersey vehicle owners must comprehend how companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable car insurance in Newark, NJ
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Newark, NJ. To get the best cheap car insurance in Newark, NJ, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before they will apply.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Newark.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Newark car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Newark and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain car insurance companies will give a small break shop Newark car insurance on your computer.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Newark car insurance but check with your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and bundle.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, good student, youthful driver, early shopping, teen driver, switch companies, and multi-car.
- USAA offers discounts for annual mileage, multi-vehicle, family discount, military installation, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, new vehicle discount, multi-car, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Newark car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Newark.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Newark who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Newark can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Newark who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Ironbound Business Insurance
275 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (866) 497-1001 – View Map
- Rosa, Michael Rosa Agency INC
360 Lafayette St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 589-7550 – View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST – Newark, NJ 07103 – (888) 290-0635 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Newark willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Where are claims handled?
Best car insurance company in New Jersey
Finding the right car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The company information shown below could help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents. The cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Newark can be bought online in addition to many Newark insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When you buy Newark car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Newark Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)