Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in New Jersey could save 40% every year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for Suzuki Forenza insurance in Newark is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Jersey.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Forenza coverage is available in Newark. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Best companies for affordable Suzuki Forenza insurance in New Jersey
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. To locate the best car insurance in NJ, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Suzuki Forenza insurance in Newark
Auto insurance companies don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- College Student – College-age children living away from Newark attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Newark may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Newark car insurance quotes online.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Newark. To see insurers with the best Suzuki Forenza insurance discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Local Newark insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Newark.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Newark can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Newark who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Collection Agency BandA
744 Broad St #1903 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (862) 218-0319 – View Map
- ESTIR Inc
326 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07107 – (973) 481-5300 – View Map
- Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Newark who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-0699 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Newark should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If they are an independent agency in Newark, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
When you buy Newark car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Suzuki Forenza insurance prices online in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Newark car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)