Overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance choices that you can choose from? Many other drivers are as well. New Jersey consumers have so many choices that it can turn into a burden to lower your prices for Subaru WRX insurance in Newark. Everyone knows that Newark is a great place to live, but budgeting for expensive insurance can make it nearly impossible to meet other financial obligations.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Newark is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost insurance in Newark is not as confusing as people think. Although New Jersey car owners do need to know the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
All the larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Newark doesn’t take much effort because you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered.
Quoting online for Subaru WRX insurance in Newark helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheaper rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Newark, NJ. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Newark, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Subaru WRX insurance discounts in Newark
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 can get better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current WRX insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Newark car insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Newark Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Newark may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Newark.
Eight factors that influence insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
Prices for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Never let your coverage expire – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
City traffic equals higher premiums – Living in a small town can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims. Drivers in populated New Jersey areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Drive less and get lower premiums – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your WRX may be costing you higher rates.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of insurance companies afford a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Raise your deductibles for better prices – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Minor frequent auto insurance claims are not good – Companies in New Jersey award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance loss data for a Subaru WRX – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate premium rates. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Newark.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Newark who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Arabo Insurance Group Inc
675 Bergen St – Newark, NJ 07108 – (973) 391-9595 – View Map
- International Fidelity Insurance Co
1111 Raymond Blvd – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 624-7200 – View Map
- METROPLUS INSURANCE AGENCY-BELLEVILLE
338 Washington Ave – Belleville, NJ 07109 – (973) 759-8291 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are Newark exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 484-5772 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
People leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Newark is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
How to quote cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Newark
The best way to find better pricing on Subaru WRX insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Newark.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper WRX coverage is available in Newark. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Newark? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)