Are you at wits end from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as many other consumers in New Jersey.
It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved about $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for insurance can help you be more efficient. Because there are so many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Scion xB in Newark, it can be challenging to pick the lowest price insurer.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Comparing prices online for Scion xB insurance in Newark is quite simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's very important to perform this step if you are searching for cheap auto insurance pricing.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance in New Jersey serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Scion, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Scion at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Scion xB and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Scion xB detailed coverage information
The table displayed next highlights different insurance premium costs for Scion xB models. Having a good understanding how insurance quotes are calculated helps drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premiums noticeably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Scion xB insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Scion xB insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Scion xB claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Don't overlook these Scion xB insurance discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Club Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Claim-Free Discount - Newark drivers who stay claim-free pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current xB insurance policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Scion xB insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, early shopping, good student, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- American Family has savings for early bird, air bags, good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available in Newark. To locate insurance companies with the best Scion xB insurance discounts in Newark, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Newark.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Agents are either independent or exclusive. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Newark who may provide price quotes.
583 Central Ave - Newark, NJ 07107 - (973) 350-7850 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Newark willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If they are an independent agency in Newark, which companies do they recommend?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Newark?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which family members are covered?
Don't give up on cheaper rates
We just presented many ideas to lower your Scion xB insurance rates in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Newark car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Lower-priced Scion xB insurance in Newark is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to buy lower priced Scion xB insurance in Newark
Really, the only way to find affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Newark.
Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Newark? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)