The best way to get cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Newark is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in New Jersey. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates annually are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Newark is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your GTO with a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Pontiac GTO but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance rates in Newark
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Newark car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts are:
If you want low cost Newark car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in every state. To see insurers who offer cheap Pontiac GTO insurance quotes in Newark, click this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Newark insurance agencies?
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Newark.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Newark who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Below are Newark insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Pontiac GTO insurance in Newark.
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
- International Fidelity Insurance Co
1111 Raymond Blvd – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 624-7200 – View Map
- Newark Cheaper Auto Insurance
11 Mulberry St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (206) 337-9544 – View Map
- Goker and Associates Insurance Agency
121 Elizabeth Ave #101 – Newark, NJ 07108 – (908) 344-7577 – View Map
Choosing a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
What insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. New Jersey requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your GTO from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your GTO to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Pontiac GTO.
Since many New Jersey drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (New Jersey limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
A conclusion for your insurance search
There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper insurance in Newark is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy Newark car insurance online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)