Being forced to pay for expensive car insurance premiums can draw down your family's budget and require stricter spending habits. Comparing cost estimates is a fast and free way to make ends meet.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Newark drivers can cut their rates by up to $720 a year, but they don't want to spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
How to buy affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Newark
The easiest way to get affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Newark.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
Low Cost auto insurance in Newark, NJ
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Newark, NJ. To get the cheapest car insurance in Newark, NJ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Newark insurance discounts for a Mercury Montego
Auto insurance companies don't list every policy discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get better insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, good driver, good student, air bags, and early bird.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, military active duty, driver training, and air bags.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Newark. To choose companies offering insurance discounts in Newark, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Newark auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to have an agent's advice. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Newark auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How are they compensated?
When researching a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Newark are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Newark exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Newark that are able to give price quote information.
568 Broadway # B - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-5898 - View Map
Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 621-0955 - View Map
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Newark can be found from both online companies and with local Newark insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to save on Mercury Montego insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Newark auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Steps to buying affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Newark
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Newark is to compare quotes once a year from providers who sell insurance in New Jersey.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Newark, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)