Ford Edge insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Consumers who compare other prices are inclined to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your objective, then knowing how to quote and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Ford Edge insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Newark.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives information to get cheaper coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Newark is really not that difficult. If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Smart shoppers just need to know the quickest way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Ford Edge Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rates.
Better prices on safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Edge scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Use one insurance company and save - Most larger insurance companies afford a discount to people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare Ford Edge rates in Newark to verify if the discount is saving money.
High credit scores save money - Having a good credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Edge by improving your rating.
Liability coverage - The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Don't buy add-on coverages that aren't used - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Insurance for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Continuous coverage saves money - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Insurance loss data for Ford Edge vehicles - Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The data below shows the insurance loss data for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare free Newark Ford Edge insurance rate quotes
Finding cheap car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. All that's required is to spend a few minutes comparing rates from online providers.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to actually drive to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to quote Ford Edge insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies get prices online and still use a local agent.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. To locate cheap car insurance in Newark, NJ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
The premium information shown next outlines different insurance policy prices for Ford Edge models. Having insight into how insurance rates are figured is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$310||$602||$544||$32||$162||$1,650||$138|
|Edge SE AWD||$310||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,780||$148|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$310||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,780||$148|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$310||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,780||$148|
|Edge SEL AWD||$310||$732||$544||$32||$162||$1,780||$148|
|Edge Limited AWD||$356||$862||$544||$32||$162||$1,956||$163|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$356||$862||$544||$32||$162||$1,956||$163|
|Edge Sport AWD||$356||$862||$544||$32||$162||$1,956||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Newark which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Edge insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Edge has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Edge but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Newark car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount - Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Newark car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
The information below compares Ford Edge car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, mature driver, homeowner, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, driver training, seat belt use, federal employee, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Newark car insurance agent
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Newark that can give you free Newark car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in Newark?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
If you want an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write policy coverage, but it's good to learn why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Newark who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Newark that are able to give comparison quotes.
583 Central Ave - Newark, NJ 07107 - (973) 350-7850 - View Map
George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave - Newark, NJ 07112 - (973) 923-3721 - View Map
Once you have received positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy any time you want so don't think that you're stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my Ford Edge qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
One last note
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Low-cost Ford Edge insurance in Newark is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Newark, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)