It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent survey found that people who shopped around saved about $865 annually compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Honda HR-V insurance is your objective, learning the best way to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The most effective way to find discount Honda HR-V insurance in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in New Jersey. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Newark. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you are already insured, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Newark is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But New Jersey consumers need to learn the way insurance companies determine prices.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Newark
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The items below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Guys pay more for car insurance – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes have fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Even a single citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
Add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your HR-V policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Low cost Honda HR-V insurance prices in Newark, New Jersey
To get the cheapest Honda HR-V rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from many available auto insurance companies in New Jersey. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Honda HR-V rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to physically go to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Honda HR-V insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the peace of mind of a local agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Some companies don’t provide online Newark HR-V insurance quotes, so you also need to get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Newark, NJ. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Newark, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Buying the right Honda vehicle insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Newark, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance policy discounts for Honda HR-V insurance in Newark
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on HR-V insurance in Newark.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above in Newark, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Newark auto insurance agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
When researching a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Newark exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Newark willing to provide rate quotes.
583 Central Ave – Newark, NJ 07107 – (973) 350-7850 – View Map
Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 621-0955 – View Map
New Jersey car insurance companies
Picking the top insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The company ratings listed below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Lower rates by being persistent
Discount Honda HR-V insurance in Newark can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your Honda HR-V insurance rates in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Newark Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Newark? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)