If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Buick Regal insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Newark.
- First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Regal insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that most drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in New Jersey could save 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won't spend time to shop around.
If you're already insured, you will be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. This information will help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, New Jersey consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
Low Cost companies for Buick Regal insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Newark, NJ. To find cheap car insurance in Newark, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Regal insurance in Newark.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To see providers with the best Buick Regal insurance discounts in Newark in New Jersey, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels.
Shown below are most of the major factors that factor into rates.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Are females or males drivers cheaper? - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Stay claim-free and lower premiums - Car insurance companies in New Jersey award lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Discounts for married drivers - Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage means you're more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Bad credit will cost you - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. People that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Buick Regal by improving your rating.
Buick Regal statistical loss data - Insurers factor in historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Regal Vehicles Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Newark insurance agent
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Newark.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Newark who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Newark
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agencies in Newark are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Newark that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Atlantis Agency
177 Adams St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 466-9090 - View Map
- Acosta Agency
568 Broadway # B - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-5898 - View Map
- Ed Young Agency
942 S Orange Ave - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 375-0003 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Newark exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 536-2060 - View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 648-0699 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has their agency been open in Newark?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in New Jersey?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the highest-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in New Jersey. The information in the lists below can help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Cheap insurance is out there
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
The cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Newark can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Newark? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)