Unbelievable but true, most drivers in New Jersey have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. American insurance shoppers could save themselves up to 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Newark.
First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like your driving record and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View rates
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Affordable Pontiac insurance price quotes in Newark
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Pontiac G8 insurance in Newark
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Pontiac G8 insurance rates in Newark.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for student away at school, good student, save driver, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, and driver training.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and new graduate.
If you need low cost Newark auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Newark, click here to view.
Insurance can get complicated
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my Pontiac G8 covered if I use it for business?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying car insurance from Newark car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Newark.
After completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Newark who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newark?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your G8 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your G8 to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. New Jersey requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac G8.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Ratings for Newark car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The rank data in the next section could help you select which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can find affordable coverage
Discount Pontiac G8 insurance in Newark can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)