If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Newark is to annually compare prices from providers in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. New Jersey drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Determine discounts to get cheap Newark car insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driving Data Discount – Newark drivers who agree to allow companies to study vehicle usage remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that have most of these discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in Newark. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer discounts in New Jersey, click here.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Newark, NJ. To buy cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lower Your Newark Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Claims cost money – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in New Jersey award discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Mitsubishi. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in New Jersey?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is glass protection for?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in New Jersey?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I rate my Mitsubishi Raider as pleasure use or commute?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Newark insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Newark that can provide free Newark auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Best car insurance agent in Newark
If you want a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Newark exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 484-5772 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below are independent agents in Newark that can give you price quote information.
- International Fidelity Insurance Co
1111 Raymond Blvd – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 624-7200 – View Map
- Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 491-0002 – View Map
- Abbott/Milano Insurance Agency
9 Frank E Rodgers Blvd S – Harrison, NJ 07029 – (973) 350-9999 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Mitsubishi vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Newark, insuring your vehicle is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Raider has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Mitsubishi Raider and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Persistence will pay off
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Newark is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you many ways to compare Mitsubishi Raider insurance premium rates in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Mitsubishi Raider insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Newark Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)