How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark? Did you make the mistake of buying an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? It's quite common and there are many Newark consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Sad but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers in New Jersey have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in the United States could save as much as 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark.
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Accord Hybrid insurance on the internet, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance premiums.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like your occupation, the ages of drivers, how many miles driven, and if you have an active license. The data is instantly sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To compare cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies can provide quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Newark, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Accord Hybrid has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors that factor into your rates.
Where you live is a factor - Living in a small town has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
More performance means higher prices - The performance of the car you drive makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are usually for the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Liability insurance is critical - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices - Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New Jersey motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in New Jersey are proven to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a youthful driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Loss probability for a Honda Accord Hybrid - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The next table shows the collected loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Newark car insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Newark auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Newark auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your car insurance premiums.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in Newark. If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Newark, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Newark auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you receive reasonable responses to your questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance company that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Keep in mind it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way out.
Best car insurance in Newark
Finding the best insurance company is hard considering how many choices there are in Newark. The company rank data shown next could help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Newark auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding lower priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Newark
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Newark. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)