We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance in Newark is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Expedition insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies in Newark. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Expedition insurance in Newark. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Shopping around for the best protection in Newark is quite easy. Consumers just need to know how to buy insurance from many different companies.
Getting a more affordable price on Ford Expedition insurance is not a difficult process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rates to find the company with cheaper Newark auto insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide quotes in New Jersey. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Newark, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Protect your Expedition and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ford Expedition coverage statistics
The rate information below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Ford Expedition models. Learning how insurance premiums are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$406||$706||$494||$30||$148||$1,784||$149|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$458||$860||$494||$30||$148||$1,990||$166|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$458||$860||$494||$30||$148||$1,990||$166|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$458||$860||$494||$30||$148||$1,990||$166|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$458||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,142||$179|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$458||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,142||$179|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$458||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,142||$179|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$510||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,194||$183|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$510||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,194||$183|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$510||$1012||$494||$30||$148||$2,194||$183|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below shows the difference between Ford Expedition auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the New Jersey minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Expedition replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Save with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Ford Expedition insurance in Newark.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Ford Expedition rate quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view companies who offer car insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Newark insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Newark?
- Is there a local claims center in Newark?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you feel you receive positive responses as well as affordable Ford Expedition insurance rates in Newark quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you wish so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying your policy, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in New Jersey?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Ford Expedition insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Expedition insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Newark? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)