Sad but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Newark drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Jersey. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Affordable companies for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in New Jersey. To buy cheaper auto insurance in NJ, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Newark car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Newark, click here.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Newark?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Newark may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Newark that can give you price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Newark that can give you price quotes.
Dependable Insurance Agency Inc
1030 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 372-0002 – View Map
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have and cheaper C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. Just remember you are able to terminate coverage any time you want so don’t assume you are locked into the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
New Jersey car insurance company ratings
Selecting the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Newark. The company ratings in the next section may help you analyze which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Cheaper insurance is out there
In this article, we covered many tips how you can shop for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Newark car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Much more information about insurance in New Jersey is located below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)