A recent survey discovered that most drivers in New Jersey renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save themselves 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Newark is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in New Jersey. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and still have adequate protection. Comparing quotes for the best car insurance coverage in Newark is not that difficult. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Newark is to understand most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether or not you need a SR-22, how you use your vehicles, the year, make and model of vehicles, and if your license is active. The data is instantly sent to many different companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To get price quotes for your Chrysler Pacifica now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Newark.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Newark, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chrysler Pacifica with a loan, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Newark is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Newark car insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Pacifica insurance in Newark.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Newark is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premiums.
Some of the larger companies who might offer these benefits possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.