If you want to save money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide car insurance in Newark. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more information to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,500 over four years compared to those who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Newark is your goal, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
Best companies for low-cost Chevy Camaro insurance in New Jersey
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Facts and figures for Chevy Camaro insurance
The coverage table below showcases different rate quotes for Chevy Camaro models. Learning how insurance prices are determined is important for drivers to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in Newark location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates significantly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions influence Chevy Camaro auto insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below compares Chevy Camaro yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Camaro book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- How much liability protection do you need? - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Prices go up with performance - The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Camaro policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce costs - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - The more you drive your Chevy annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Camaro is throwing money out the window.
- Auto insurance policy lapses raise auto insurance rates - Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Camaro has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Guys pay more for insurance - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevy Camaro historical loss data - Companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy Camaro vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Camaro 2dr 139 118 123 123 130 127 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 92 85 107 85 95 103 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr 222 80 174 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 111 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can reduce Chevy Camaro insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Newark car insurance online.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Camaro insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Camaro auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Newark, click here.
Buying from insurance agents
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Newark should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Newark?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
The following are Newark insurers that can give you rate quotes for Chevy Camaro insurance in Newark.
Ed Young Agency
942 S Orange Ave - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 375-0003 - View Map
George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave - Newark, NJ 07112 - (973) 923-3721 - View Map
Quote more to save more
As you quote Newark car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Camaro insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)