The easiest way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Newark. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for tips to get better rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on A4 insurance. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for better prices are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $850 each year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for Audi A4 insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
How to shop Audi A4 insurance online
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A4 in Newark, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Audi A4 and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Newark is overpaying over $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance data for an Audi A4
The coverage information displayed below covers estimates of insurance prices for Audi A4 models. Learning more about how rate quotes are calculated can aid in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$420||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,920||$160|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$738||$480||$28||$144||$1,810||$151|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$738||$480||$28||$144||$1,810||$151|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$420||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,920||$160|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$848||$480||$28||$144||$1,966||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in Newark location which can lower or raise prices noticeably.
Audi A4 liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Audi A4 insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A4 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Save money with these discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Newark auto insurance online.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current A4 insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total A4 insurance premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Newark. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Newark.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good Newark insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you check rates from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Newark that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 491-0002 – View Map
- Te Freuler
274 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 274-0500 – View Map
- George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 923-3721 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Newark should be willing to answer these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can cancel your policy at any time so never feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Newark is possible from both online companies and with local Newark insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
You just learned some good ideas how to save on Audi A4 insurance in Newark. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Audi A4 rate quotes. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Newark Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)