It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Newark is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent insurance study discovered that almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Newark can cut their rates by approximately 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Newark is not that difficult. Although New Jersey car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
Marriage is a factor – Your spouse may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger auto insurance companies provide better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare Mazda CX-5 rates in Newark to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still save money by buying auto insurance from a different company.
With age comes lower rates – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
More miles driven equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated CX-5 is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage is showing the correct driver usage.
City traffic equals higher rates – Having an address in a small town has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Liability coverage is important – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Mazda CX-5 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Men tend to take more risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both are in fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Insurance loss data for a Mazda CX-5 – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop Mazda CX-5 insurance online
To find low cost Newark car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to all the different Newark insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies price shop online and still use a local agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting a better price.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in New Jersey. To locate cheap car insurance in New Jersey, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda CX-5, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Newark?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Newark is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, student driver, homeowners, good student, air bags, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Allstate has savings for utility vehicle, defensive driver, new car, passive restraint, early signing, and teenSMART discount.
Check with every company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not apply in every state.
Comparing quotes from local Newark insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- How long has their agency been open in Newark?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Newark are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Newark independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
We just covered many ideas to find cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Newark car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)