How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for lower-priced insurance rates in Newark, NJ? Newark drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Lincoln LS insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Lincoln and get the lowest price.
The goal of this article is to tell you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you already have coverage, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shoppers only need to know the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
Where can I get the cheapest Newark Lincoln LS insurance?
Finding a lower price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to find the company with the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes.
The companies shown below provide quotes in New Jersey. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Newark, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Newark, buying car insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
What Impacts Lincoln LS Insurance Premiums?
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- When should you not file policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in New Jersey award better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Raise your deductibles for better premiums – Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major insurance companies give lower prices to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your prices – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Lincoln LS by repairing your credit.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are many extra coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lincoln LS insurance in Newark?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Newark auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Drivers Education – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in Newark. For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my Lincoln LS covered if I use it for business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Newark?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Newark car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Newark.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Newark that can give you free Newark auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Newark that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Newark.
- Morais Insurance Agency, Inc.
217 Ferry St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 344-2000 – View Map
- Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 621-0955 – View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST – Newark, NJ 07103 – (888) 290-0635 – View Map
- Arabo Insurance Group Inc
675 Bergen St – Newark, NJ 07108 – (973) 391-9595 – View Map
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Newark?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and inexpensive Lincoln LS insurance in Newark quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
New Jersey car insurance company ratings
Choosing the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Newark. The company information listed below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Lincoln LS insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
How to save on Lincoln LS insurance in Newark
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Newark is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Newark. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Newark Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)