It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved about $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Newark is your goal, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Newark. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional ideas to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the best rates in Newark is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Although New Jersey drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from many different New Jersey insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to go to local Newark insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a local Newark agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company does price estimates online, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Newark, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Newark, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lincoln Continental, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to track vehicle usage remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Newark is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, good driver, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, air bags, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Newark.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Newark who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Newark?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is there a local claims center in Newark?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Newark for you
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Newark are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Newark who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Newark independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lincoln Continental is totaled?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln Continental?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Lincoln Continental insurance premium rates in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Lower-priced Lincoln Continental insurance in Newark can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)