Everyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Lincoln Aviator insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Lincoln Aviator insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Newark. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Don't forget to store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Newark, NJ. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance is not optional in New Jersey
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Newark and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- E-sign - Many larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, multi-car, anti-theft, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, driver training, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, and defensive driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To view providers with the best Lincoln Aviator insurance discounts in Newark, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local Newark insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Newark.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Newark for you
If you need to find a good Newark insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Newark that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- ESTIR Inc
326 Bloomfield Ave - Newark, NJ 07107 - (973) 481-5300 - View Map
- Goker and Associates Insurance Agency
121 Elizabeth Ave #101 - Newark, NJ 07108 - (908) 344-7577 - View Map
- Ed Young Agency
942 S Orange Ave - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 375-0003 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Newark exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 484-5772 - View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 648-0699 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Auto insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. New Jersey requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Aviator resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Aviator to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for funeral costs, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lincoln Aviator.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Persistence pays off
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Lincoln Aviator insurance in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Newark auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Newark, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)