Wish you could get out of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat.
It's a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your objective, learning the best way to compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
How to find low-cost rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Newark
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance in Newark is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Due to the abundance of insurance providers from which to choose, it's difficult to find the lowest price insurer.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Newark a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to show you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Newark can initially seem challenging. In a nutshell, everyone who is looking for a better price on auto insurance most likely will find a better price. Although New Jersey consumers do need to know how insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Newark is to know the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide details including whether you are single or married, whether or not you need a SR-22, how much coverage you want, and if you lease or own. Those rating factors is automatically sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Lexus IS 250 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Newark, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Lexus IS 250 coverage statistics
The coverage table below showcases different prices for Lexus IS 250 models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are determined is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$706||$462||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$326||$706||$462||$28||$138||$1,660||$138|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$326||$706||$544||$32||$162||$1,770||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Lexus IS 250 insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below shows the difference between Lexus IS 250 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Your age impacts your costs - Teenage drivers in New Jersey tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Adding a youthful driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Traffic violations inflate prices - Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who get multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Lexus IS 250 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive fewer miles and save - The higher the miles on your Lexus annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated IS 250 may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Car insurance liability protection limits - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Performance makes a difference - The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus IS 250 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
Insurance losses for a Lexus IS 250 - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD||179||103||177||116||146||115|
|Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD||177||87||186||118|
|Lexus IS 250 Convertible||135||80||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus IS 250 in Newark, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your IS 250 has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to save money.