It's safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Newark is your objective, learning how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Newark is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
- First, read about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Optima Hybrid insurance. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Lowering your Kia Optima Hybrid car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates to discover which company has inexpensive Newark car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to call or drive to local Newark insurance agencies. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Newark, NJ. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $750 every year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you're applying every discount
Insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Distant Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Newark and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Organization Discounts - Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Newark. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Kia Optima Hybrid insurance discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Newark that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your house because prices are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Newark should have no problem answering these questions:
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Newark?
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Newark can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it's good to learn why they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Newark willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Newark independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates in Newark. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Newark can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Newark car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)