Kia Forte insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Kia Forte insurance in Newark is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Newark. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is that you'll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Newark is quite easy. Although New Jersey vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Kia Forte insurance in Newark
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Forte insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you are trying to find low cost Newark auto insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Newark. To locate providers with the best Kia Forte insurance discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
It's important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Newark Forte insurance quotes, so you need to compare prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Kia Forte insurance analysis
The table shown below highlights a range of rate quotes for Kia Forte models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are established can help you make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$318||$490||$30||$146||$1,206||$101|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$318||$490||$30||$146||$1,206||$101|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$386||$490||$30||$146||$1,304||$109|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$454||$554||$32||$166||$1,458||$122|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$252||$454||$554||$32||$166||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Newark location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Kia Forte insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below compares Kia Forte auto insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the New Jersey minimum liability coverage. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Kia Forte claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. It's important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Prices may be lower depending on your employer - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and accountants have higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, students and performers get better rates.
- You may save more by consolidating policies - Most insurance companies provide a discount to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to compare Kia Forte rates in Newark to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Use credit responsibly and save - Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Forte by improving your credit score. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Save money by staying claim free - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in New Jersey generally give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are many extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Kia Forte historical loss data - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Kia Forte Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Forte 114 117 103 176 183 144 Kia Forte 114 98 147 Kia Forte 102 102 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Forte?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Newark insurance agency
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Newark that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Newark should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newark?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Insurance agent types
If you want to use a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they operate. Newark agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Newark that can give you price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Newark independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
583 Central Ave - Newark, NJ 07107 - (973) 350-7850 - View Map
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though Newark Forte insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Forte, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Kia and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do the work, save more money
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Newark can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Newark, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)