Searching for the cheapest car insurance rates in Newark, NJ? Newark shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Kia Borrego insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a Kia and get the cheapest rates.
It’s hard to fathom, but most car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. New Jersey drivers could save themselves 40% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Best Kia Borrego insurance rates in New Jersey
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Newark, NJ. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Newark, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Kia Borrego insurance in Newark
Some companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, air bags, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Esurance includes discounts for homeowner, online shopper, claim free, multi-policy, multi-car, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Newark, follow this link.
What Impacts Kia Borrego Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into your prices.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your Borrego can result in significantly higher rates.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better premiums – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Women pay lower prices – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my Kia Borrego need full coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Borrego?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Newark that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
When searching for a good Newark insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are Newark exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Newark who can help you get rate quotes.
- Gary’s Insurance Agency Newark
1 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 483-3500 – View Map
- N J Insurance Underwriting
744 Broad St # 1100 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 622-3838 – View Map
- Ironbound Business Insurance
275 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (866) 497-1001 – View Map
Once you have positive responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance.
Best auto insurance in Newark
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Newark. The company ratings in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
You can lower your insurance rates
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When you buy Newark auto insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
The cheapest Kia Borrego insurance in Newark is definitely available online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Steps to saving on Kia Borrego insurance in Newark
The easiest way to get affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Newark is to regularly compare prices from providers in New Jersey.
Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Borrego insurance in Newark. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)