It's easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is why you're here, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Newark is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in New Jersey. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you're already insured, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the best rates in Newark is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Nevertheless, New Jersey consumers need to learn how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Finding Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Newark
Most major insurance companies give prices for coverage on the web. Getting online rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Newark is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system will order your credit score and driving record and generates a price. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
If you want to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Pontiac vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Newark, buying car insurance is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Pontiac Grand Prix and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Get discounts on Newark auto insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Grand Prix can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Newark car insurance quote.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Pontiac Grand Prix insurance discounts in Newark in New Jersey, click this link.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Newark.
By using this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Newark car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Newark?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Upon receiving good responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, you've probably found an insurer that is a good match to service your policy.
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Jersey. The ranking data listed below could help you select which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices in Newark. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Newark car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Newark is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found below:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Newark? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)