It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Pontiac G6 insurance in Newark is your intention, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Pontiac G6 insurance in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover information to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
These discounts can lower Pontiac G6 insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all discounts very well, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Newark car insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac G6 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose insurance companies who offer free Pontiac G6 insurance quotes in New Jersey, click this link.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in New Jersey. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Newark, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table below covers different coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are determined can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise insurance rates substantially.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Newark
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Pontiac G6 auto insurance rates for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Pontiac G6 car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac G6 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Seven Tips to Get Cheaper Newark Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Stress out and pay more – Jobs like doctors, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates due to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Are you male or female? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac G6 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better prices – The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Being located in areas with lower population can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices – Insurance companies in New Jersey award the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Newark.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Newark car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Newark?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Protect more than your G6
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Pontiac G6, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects your Pontiac G6 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare rates regularly to save
Cheap Pontiac G6 insurance in Newark is attainable both online in addition to many Newark insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Pontiac G6 insurance car insurance rates online in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Pontiac G6 rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for affordable Newark car insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Newark? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)