Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by $850 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Newark. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic violations and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Newark. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this information. Our objective is to familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices. But New Jersey consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
To get the cheapest Kia Soul EV rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive insurance rates consists of shopping online. Just keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find the best offered rates. Not every company does Newark Soul EV insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in New Jersey. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Newark, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Soul EV insurance in Newark
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, multi-car, good student, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, distant student, early shopping, good student, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Allstate offers discounts for farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, safe driver, resident student, defensive driver, and utility vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in Newark. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Kia Soul EV insurance quotes in Newark, click here.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Get hitched and pay lower costs – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Driving citations drive up costs – Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Even one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Soul EV may be costing you higher rates.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Teenage drivers in New Jersey are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Newark.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Newark auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Shown below are agents in Newark who can help you get rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Newark.
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
- Te Freuler
274 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 274-0500 – View Map
- Rosa, Michael Rosa Agency INC
360 Lafayette St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 589-7550 – View Map
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
After receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
What is the best auto insurance company in New Jersey?
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Newark. The company rank data shown below could help you choose which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
Be persistent to save money
Cheap Kia Soul EV insurance in Newark is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Newark, so get free Newark auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be pretty painless.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is located at these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Newark Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Newark? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)