The easiest way to get affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Newark.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
An important note is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s astonishing, but 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save nearly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. We hope to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. Consumers just need to use how to compare prices using one simple form.
Most companies provide pricing online. Comparing prices online for Ford F-150 insurance in Newark is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower-cost insurance pricing.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though Newark F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Detailed insurance information
The premium table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance prices for Ford F-150 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are figured can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$278||$400||$452||$26||$136||$1,292||$108|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$278||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$278||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$278||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$278||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,402||$117|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$360||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$360||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$360||$510||$452||$26||$136||$1,484||$124|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$360||$620||$452||$26||$136||$1,594||$133|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$360||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,704||$142|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$400||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,744||$145|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$400||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,744||$145|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$400||$730||$452||$26||$136||$1,744||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific Newark garaging location which can revise premiums significantly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the New Jersey minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable Newark car insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Newark is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Newark that can provide free Newark car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
When looking for a local Newark insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Newark agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Newark that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-0699 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Newark independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 621-0955 – View Map
- N J Insurance Underwriting
744 Broad St # 1100 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 622-3838 – View Map
- Dependable Insurance Agency Inc
1030 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 372-0002 – View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required New Jersey minimum liability coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Cheaper coverage is out there
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Ford F-150 insurance rates online in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Newark car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)