If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide car insurance in Newark. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around annually will probably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing how to shop for insurance coverage can save money and time.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Newark, NJ. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Newark, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The data table displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being able to understand how rates are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$532||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,378||$198|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$532||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,512||$209|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$532||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,512||$209|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$532||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,512||$209|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$532||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,512||$209|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$532||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,512||$209|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$592||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,572||$214|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$592||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,572||$214|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$592||$1146||$712||$42||$212||$2,704||$225|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$592||$1146||$712||$42||$212||$2,704||$225|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$592||$880||$712||$42||$212||$2,438||$203|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$654||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,634||$220|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$654||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,634||$220|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$654||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,634||$220|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$654||$1014||$712||$42||$212||$2,634||$220|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance policy discounts for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Newark
Companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to bad drivers.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Ram 2500 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 rate quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in Newark. To choose insurers who offer free Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes in New Jersey, click here to view.
Buying the right Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Even though Newark Ram 2500 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What is the best auto insurance company in New Jersey?
Picking the right car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in New Jersey. The information listed below could help you select which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Ram 2500?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Newark that provide free Newark auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Newark can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Newark exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Newark that can give you price quote information.
Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 704-1024 – View Map
Dependable Insurance Agency Inc
1030 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 372-0002 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Just keep in mind it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.