Inconceivable but true, most car insurance buyers in New Jersey have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they don't want to take the time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Newark is to compare prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in New Jersey. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Newark. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Quote Newark Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect more than your Chevy Captiva Sport
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Newark, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in New Jersey is overpaying over $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Big cities mean more claims - Living in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Safer occupants lowers rates - Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Commute or pleasure use - Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Captiva Sport is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Gender and car insurance rates - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females are in fender benders at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Performance makes a difference - The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Alarms and GPS tracking lowers prices - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, flood damage, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you're willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim data - Car insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Newark auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Captiva Sport may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Local Newark car insurance agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Newark car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- How are claims handled?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Newark?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you get good feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an provider that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember you are able to cancel your policy whenever you wish so don't feel you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Smart consumers save more
We've covered a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Captiva Sport insurance prices in Newark. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Newark is attainable from both online companies and with local Newark insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Newark Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Newark, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)