We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If saving money on auto insurance is your intention, then understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can make shopping around easier.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A good piece of advice is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the lowest cost coverage in Newark is easy to do. If you are already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Smart buyers only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below offer quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Newark, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance rates and discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Newark auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Newark auto insurance with certain companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including location of vehicle, type of vehicle, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and air bags.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in every state. To view providers with significant discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Newark insurance agency
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Newark.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they are different since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Newark independent agents who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 217-1780 - View Map
- Te Freuler
274 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 274-0500 - View Map
- METROPLUS INSURANCE AGENCY
1423 McCarter Hwy - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 732-3794 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Newark who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 484-5772 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-1975 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Newark?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
If you receive satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to your new company with no way to switch.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
Older drivers pay less - Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
A good credit history can save money - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Kia Amanti by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Eliminate add-on coverages - There are many extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
Compare rates if you consolidate your policies - Most larger companies give lower prices to insureds that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare other Newark Amanti insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Buying the right Kia vehicle insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Amanti in Newark, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
You just read many ideas to shop for Kia Amanti insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Some insurance providers don't offer online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Kia Amanti insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)