Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Newark is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in New Jersey. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Fusion insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It's well known that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around once a year are likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved approximately $70 a month compared to people who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Ford Fusion insurance is your goal, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. To find cheap auto insurance in NJ, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Fusion insurance in Newark
Companies offering auto insurance don't list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a discount up to 10%.
Don't be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion car insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts for good payer, new car, premier plus, 55 and retired, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
Before buying, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Rates and information analytics
The rate table displayed next highlights a range of insurance rates for Ford Fusion models. Knowing how auto insurance premiums are figured helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$418||$452||$26||$136||$1,264||$105|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$494||$452||$26||$136||$1,370||$114|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$568||$564||$34||$170||$1,598||$133|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$494||$452||$26||$136||$1,370||$114|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$494||$452||$26||$136||$1,370||$114|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$568||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$568||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in Newark location which can increase or decrease price quotes greatly.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - The majority of auto insurance companies provide better rates to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other Newark Fusion insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Younger drivers pay higher rates - Teen drivers in New Jersey tend to be easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
More performance means more cost - The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data uses these assumptions: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Fusion insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Don't cut corners with liability protection - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Higher rates for auto insurance policy lapses - Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Gender is a factor - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders are in fender benders in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Fusion - Auto insurance companies use claims history to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years