The most effective way to get affordable Dodge Avenger insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Newark. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Avenger coverage is available in Newark. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Newark is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
All the larger auto insurance companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. This process is possible for anyone as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. When complete, the quote system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns a price determined by many factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get the cheapest auto insurance rates.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information below outlines different policy rates for Dodge Avenger models. Having insight into how car insurance premiums are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect rates considerably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims influence Dodge Avenger insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Liability insurance is critical – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Teen vs. older drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- A insurance lapse can increase premiums – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New Jersey DMV.
- Your occupation can affect premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like fire fighters, architects, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher average rates due to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- File claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in New Jersey generally give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
Choosing Avenger insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Avenger insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.