To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Volvo XC70 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell auto insurance in Newark. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for the details to get affordable coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Newark is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to find and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Newark car insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Newark Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Newark can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Volvo XC70 insurance in Newark is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as the year, make and model of vehicles, how much education you have, if the vehicle is leased, and how your vehicles are used. The data gets sent immediately to all major companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To check rates for your Volvo XC70 now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Newark.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
The price information below outlines different policy rates for Volvo XC70 models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$248||$478||$614||$36||$184||$1,560||$130|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$248||$550||$614||$36||$184||$1,632||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Volvo XC70 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC70 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volvo XC70 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
The Volvo XC70 Insurance Cost Equation
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Women tend to be lower risk - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Insure your auto and home with one company - The majority of car insurance companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save - The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Loss probability for a Volvo XC70 - Companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium rates. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volvo XC70 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD 69 Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD 79 70 94 45BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Newark.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Newark who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Newark are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Newark that can possibly get you pricing information.
- AMC Insurance Inc
Newark, NJ 07106 - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 373-3300 - View Map
- Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 704-1024 - View Map
- Ibiturun Insurance
306 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 344-6203 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 536-2060 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Newark, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XC70 has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Volvo. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good New Jersey car insurance company
Choosing a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in New Jersey. The company information in the next section can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- USAA - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Mercury Insurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Esurance - A+
Shop smart and save
When getting Newark car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of information how to reduce Volvo XC70 insurance premium rates online in Newark. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Newark car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Additional information is located below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)