Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Newark is your target objective, then learning a little about the best way to compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Newark. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about individual coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Best companies for Audi TT RS insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in New Jersey. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Newark, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used TT RS can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Newark auto insurance quotes online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Audi TT RS insurance in Newark.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, good student, multi-policy, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
Get Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
Vehicle options impact insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Vehicle risk influences prices – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Many insurance companies apply lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Higher premiums for specific jobs – Careers such as real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals have higher rates than average due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Audi has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Marriage discount – Being married may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Newark are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Newark willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Newark independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Milwaukee Insurance Co
10 Park Pl – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-3000 – View Map
Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 621-0955 – View Map
Upon getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But remember, you can always cancel a policy for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way out.
Find cheap auto insurance rates by comparing often
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Newark can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Newark auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Much more information about auto insurance in New Jersey is available at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)