Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in Newark? No sane person looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. New Jersey drivers could save almost $716 each year, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Steps to finding cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Newark
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Newark is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in New Jersey. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional tips to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Since you have so many options when it comes to insurance, it is very difficult to locate the cheapest insurer.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Newark is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. You just have to use the proper methods to compare rates from multiple carriers.
All major insurance companies provide prices for coverage online. This process is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the data you entered. Getting online quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Newark streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will be getting rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in New Jersey. In order to find the best car insurance in NJ, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Buying the right Freestyle insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Newark, auto insurance is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Freestyle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. New Jersey requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like surgery, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Freestyle resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Freestyle in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Freestyle.
Since many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Ratings for New Jersey car insurance companies
Finding a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Newark. The company ratings shown below could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%