Searching for more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Newark? No car owner likes buying auto insurance, especially when they could get a better deal.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of drivers in New Jersey renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Drivers in America could save roughly 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Freestar insurance in Newark
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Ford Freestar insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Newark. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, read about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Due to the increasing number of online and local companies to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to find a lower cost insurer.
You should make it a habit to compare prices as often as possible because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Ford Freestar insurance in Newark a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use online quotes to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
We hope to help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce premiums using this information. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Compare free Newark Ford Freestar insurance rate quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices for coverage direct online. The process is pretty painless because you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get cheaper prices.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. To find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your premiums.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Ford Freestar insurance quotes in New Jersey, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Newark.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Newark who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Newark may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Newark who may provide free rate quotes.
Newark Cheaper Auto Insurance
11 Mulberry St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (206) 337-9544 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Newark?
- How many years have they been established?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Upon getting good feedback and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even one driving citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Insurance costs and driver gender – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Ford from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Costs and your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when buying insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Freestar may be costing you. Double check that your insurance coverage is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Continuous coverage saves money – Not having insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Freestar in Newark, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in New Jersey is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance in New Jersey
Picking the best insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in New Jersey. The company rank data in the next section may help you pick which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|A.M Best Rating
|Compare Rates Now Go
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop around and save
You just learned many ideas to get a better price on Ford Freestar insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-conscious Ford Freestar insurance can be found on the web and with local Newark insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
How to find more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Newark
The easiest way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in New Jersey.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Newark? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)