The best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Newark. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like your driving record and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on insurance is why you're reading this, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Newark is not rocket science. Although New Jersey drivers must learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering cheap Jaguar X-Type rates in Newark, NJ
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. To buy the best car insurance in Newark, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts on Newark car insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current X-Type insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total X-Type insurance premium.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, driver's education, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has savings for continuous insurance, driver training, home ownership, multi-car, IntelliDrive, early quote, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, safety features, and exclusive group savings.
If you want affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in your area. To find car insurance companies with the best Jaguar X-Type insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Which is the best insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent's help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Jaguar X-Type?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Jaguar X-Type is worth?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Newark.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents in Newark
When searching for a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Newark agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Newark who may be able to give you pricing information.
Halsey Street Agency Inc
199 Halsey St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 621-0955 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Newark exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Newark?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Once you have good answers for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
New Jersey car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the highest-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in New Jersey. The company information in the next section can help you decide which companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
One last thing to lower rates
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance in Newark can be found on the web in addition to many Newark insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)