Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates annually saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is why you’re here, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Newark.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Reducing your GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Just invest a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to different Newark agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in New Jersey. To locate cheap auto insurance in Newark, NJ, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Newark could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, good student, annual mileage, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, business and professional, switch companies, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including air bags, mature driver, student away at school, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for teen driver discount, newly married, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, loyalty savings, annual mileage, good student, military installation, and vehicle storage.
If you want affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
Facts and figures for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance
The price information shown below showcases estimates of policy rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$372||$684||$582||$34||$174||$1,846||$154|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$372||$788||$726||$44||$218||$2,148||$179|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$372||$684||$582||$34||$174||$1,846||$154|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$372||$684||$582||$34||$174||$1,846||$154|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$372||$788||$726||$44||$218||$2,148||$179|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$372||$788||$726||$44||$218||$2,148||$179|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$372||$684||$582||$34||$174||$1,846||$154|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$372||$788||$726||$44||$218||$2,148||$179|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$372||$788||$726||$44||$218||$2,148||$179|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$788||$582||$34||$174||$1,988||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance rates in Newark
The chart below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set rule to stop buying full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra 3500HD claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance agencies can find coverage gaps
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Newark.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Newark that provide free Newark auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Newark?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- More people means more accidents – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Get a ticket, pay higher costs – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having just one moving violation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. People who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can affect GMC Sierra 3500HD annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your GMC from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Auto insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals tend to have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like actors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Newark, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GMC Sierra 3500HD, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your GMC and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
One last note
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agents. Cost effective GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about car insurance in New Jersey can be found at these links:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Car Insurance for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Newark? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)