Regrettably, over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Newark could pocket $720 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Newark. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Comparing rates for the cheapest insurance policy in Newark is not as time-consuming as you think. Smart shoppers only need to know the fastest way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Newark is to understand most insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details like your occupation, the ages of drivers, distance driven, and how your vehicles are used. Your insurance information is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Newark.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in New Jersey. To find the best cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The data table shown next outlines a range of insurance prices for Chevy City Express models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are established is important for you to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$282||$522||$462||$28||$138||$1,432||$119|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$282||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,544||$129|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$322||$634||$462||$28||$138||$1,584||$132|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$322||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,698||$142|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$322||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,698||$142|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$322||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,698||$142|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$322||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,698||$142|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$364||$748||$462||$28||$138||$1,740||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can influence price quotes greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Chevy City Express insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below compares Chevy City Express insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current City Express insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need the cheapest Chevrolet City Express rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Why you need Chevy City Express insurance in New Jersey
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your City Express, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your City Express more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in New Jersey?
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Newark. The rank data shown next may help you select which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
How much auto insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does my Chevy City Express need full coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Don’t I need to talk to a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has their agency been in business in Newark?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Newark agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Newark who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Ironbound Business Insurance
275 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (866) 497-1001 – View Map
- George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 923-3721 – View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST – Newark, NJ 07103 – (888) 290-0635 – View Map