Want a free price quotes on lower-priced car insurance rates in Newark, NJ? Newark consumers have many options when looking for affordable Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Cadillac and obtain the best price possible either online or from Newark insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because car insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rate on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Newark last year a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
What Affects Cadillac Escalade EXT Insurance Rates?
Many factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Traffic violations mean higher prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Having just one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Cadillac Escalade EXT yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Is your car built for speed? – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Cadillac Escalade EXT policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Cadillac is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Prices may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and miners tend to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Finding low cost Newark auto insurance prices is not rocket science. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with affordable Newark auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information displayed next covers different coverage prices for Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are figured can help you make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$298||$592||$504||$30||$152||$1,576||$131|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$298||$592||$504||$30||$152||$1,576||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in Newark which can alter insurance rates greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Cadillac Escalade EXT premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below compares Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade EXT replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac Escalade EXT, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Cadillac gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Newark auto insurance quote.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current Escalade EXT insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
The information below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade EXT auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance quotes in New Jersey, click here.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Newark.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Newark who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Newark
When finding a good Newark insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Newark who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 704-1024 – View Map
- Abbott/Milano Insurance Agency
9 Frank E Rodgers Blvd S – Harrison, NJ 07029 – (973) 350-9999 – View Map
- George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 923-3721 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Newark willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 484-5772 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Lower-priced auto insurance in Newark is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Newark, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Newark auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Newark
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Newark. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and poor credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Newark. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)