The best way we recommend to find affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Newark. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. A study showed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Newark is why you’re reading this, then learning about the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
When shopping for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Newark there are multiple ways to compare quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in New Jersey. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison. Just remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Not every company provides online Newark 124 Spider insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Newark, NJ. If you want cheap auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Newark car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current 124 Spider insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Newark car insurance quotes online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Newark car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Newark car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will reduce your auto insurance premiums.
To see companies who offer free Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in New Jersey, click this link.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The items below are some of the things used by companies to determine rates.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Your spouse actually saves money on your car insurance bill. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Fiat each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 124 Spider can cost quite a bit.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file a lot of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in New Jersey provide the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Raising coverage deductibles lowers rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Lower rates for safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Fiat 124 Spider is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Newark.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Newark are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following are Newark independent agents that can give you pricing information.
- George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 923-3721 – View Map
- ESTIR Inc
326 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07107 – (973) 481-5300 – View Map
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 217-1780 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Newark who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-0699 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Newark should be willing to answer these questions.
- If they are an independent agency in Newark, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Newark?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
If you get good feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Low-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Newark can be bought on the web and with local Newark insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Newark car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with an unexpected company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Newark? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)