The preferred way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Newark is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in New Jersey.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more information to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in New Jersey could save as much as 40% every year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, use these techniques to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Newark is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers just have to know the quickest way to compare company rates over the internet.
Low cost Newark Dodge Ram insurance quotes online
Finding low cost Newark auto insurance quotes can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with cheaper Newark auto insurance quotes.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to go to different Newark agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance of a local agency. Although you can get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in New Jersey. If you want cheap auto insurance in NJ, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram insurance rates in Newark
Some insurance providers don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save up to 20% off your total Ram insurance premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, bundled insurance, good driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in Newark.
Dodge Ram detailed coverage information
The premium table below highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Ram models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy rates are determined can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$176||$268||$510||$30||$152||$1,136||$95|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$200||$326||$510||$30||$152||$1,218||$102|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$384||$510||$30||$152||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$444||$510||$30||$152||$1,358||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$444||$510||$30||$152||$1,358||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Newark location which can impact rates greatly.
Age-based insurance rates by gender in Newark
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
The Dodge Ram Insurance Rate Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The items below are most of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
Credit rating impact auto insurance premiums – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Ram by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings.
Liability coverage is cheap – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurers apply lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better prices – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Responsible drivers pay better rates – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The diagram below shows how violations and accidents increase Dodge Ram car insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Newark.
By using this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Newark who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Listed below are Newark insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Newark.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
Ed Young Agency
942 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 375-0003 – View Map
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Newark should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Smart consumers save more
Lower-priced car insurance in Newark can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Newark auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Newark Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Newark? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)