The preferred way to save on auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Newark. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other rates will presumably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on Dodge Magnum insurance is why you're here, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Newark is to understand most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details such as your occupation, if you're married, if it has an anti-theft system, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors is sent automatically to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Don't overlook these six Dodge Magnum insurance discounts
Some companies don't list all their discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to you.
- College Student - Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Newark car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
When getting free Newark car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. To see companies with discount rates in Newark, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Newark insurance agency
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Newark.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Newark who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local Newark insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Newark are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below are Newark independent agents that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Gary's Insurance Agency Newark
1 Bloomfield Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 483-3500 - View Map
- Abbott/Milano Insurance Agency
9 Frank E Rodgers Blvd S - Harrison, NJ 07029 - (973) 350-9999 - View Map
- Acosta Agency
568 Broadway # B - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-5898 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Newark exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 536-2060 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 648-0699 - View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- How long has their agency been in business in Newark?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Magnum?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Newark, paying for car insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, bail bonds, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. New Jersey requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Magnum resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Magnum to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Magnum.
Due to the fact that many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (New Jersey limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Best auto insurance company in New Jersey
Ending up with a good quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Newark. The company ratings listed below may help you select which companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
A little work can save a LOT of money
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Dodge Magnum insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Newark can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Newark, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for State Employees in Newark? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)