It's hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in New Jersey could save about 40% each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Newark is to annually compare prices from different companies in New Jersey.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
All major auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get price estimates direct online. Getting online rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Newark doesn't take a lot of time because you just enter the coverages you want into the form. When complete, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on many factors. Quoting online for Subaru BRZ insurance in Newark makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input your coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money by earning these nine discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Newark auto insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Newark auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current BRZ insurance policy expiring. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Student in College - Older children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when getting a Newark auto insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But all discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
To see insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Newark, click here.