There isn't anyone who rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Newark insurance shoppers could save up to 40% every year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheap car insurance rates. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons on a regular basis because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Newark six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Getting cheaper auto insurance pricing is not a difficult process. All you need to do is invest a little time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to actually drive to and from local Newark insurance agencies. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in New Jersey. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lower-cost Newark auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Newark can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Newark auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Good Student - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, and air bags.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, daytime running lights, good student, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, and defensive driving training.
When getting free Newark auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policies in every state. To find providers offering auto insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Stinger
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Newark, insuring your vehicle is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Stinger has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your Kia Stinger and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Neighborhood Newark auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in Newark.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Newark who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Car insurance agents in Newark come in two varieties
When looking for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Newark are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's important to know the differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Newark that may be able to provide price quotes.
Arabo Insurance Group Inc
675 Bergen St - Newark, NJ 07108 - (973) 391-9595 - View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Newark exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Newark?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't think that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full policy term.