A recent car insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Newark can cut their rates by approximately 40% a year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Newark.
First, read and learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates like distracted driving and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Aspen insurance in Newark. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Newark is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now, you should be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. But New Jersey drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in New Jersey
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Higher coverage deductibles save money – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Alarm systems save money – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Having to add a young driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Reserve car insurance claims for larger damages – Companies in New Jersey generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Slash rates with these discounts on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Newark
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Newark car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Newark and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Newark Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driver Safety – Passing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Newark car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Newark. For a list of insurers with the best Chrysler Aspen insurance discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Local Newark car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want to buy car insurance from local Newark agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Newark agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Newark that can give you price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are Newark independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 491-0002 – View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Chrysler Aspen is totaled?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just presented many tips how you can compare Chrysler Aspen insurance auto insurance rates in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance in Newark can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Newark car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Newark? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)