It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Newark is to compare prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
- Learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved about $865 a year compared to people who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having a grasp of how to find and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
The following companies can provide quotes in Newark, NJ. To find cheap car insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Statistics and details
The coverage table shown below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Knowing how insurance premiums are figured helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$578||$1246||$812||$48||$242||$2,926||$244|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$578||$1246||$812||$48||$242||$2,926||$244|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$578||$1082||$648||$38||$194||$2,540||$212|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$636||$1082||$648||$38||$194||$2,598||$217|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$636||$1246||$648||$38||$194||$2,762||$230|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$636||$1246||$648||$38||$194||$2,762||$230|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can revise coverage prices noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Jersey. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn't a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Score discounts on Newark car insurance
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings. If you don't get every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Silverado 3500HD insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Newark car insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Newark car insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from Newark attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To find providers with discount car insurance rates in New Jersey, click this link.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in New Jersey
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Newark, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Silverado 3500HD has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare rates but buy from a local Newark insurance agent
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Newark.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Newark who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Newark willing to provide price quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Newark.
Arabo Insurance Group Inc
675 Bergen St - Newark, NJ 07108 - (973) 391-9595 - View Map
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?